Monday, 29 June 2009

Lilith's Hotties #3 or #4 in a series







Michael K Williams aka Omar Little in The Wire

From Wikipedia
For his portrayal of Omar, Michael K. Williams was named by USA Today as one of ten reasons they still love television. The character was praised for his uniqueness in the stale landscape of TV crime dramas and for the wit and humor that Williams brought to the portrayal.[10] Other commentators also applauded the many dimensions of the character with his appearances in various story lines as "...a sawed-off shotgun toting terror, a vulnerable jailbird whose life lies in the balance, and a double crossing mastermind who outsmarts Baltimore’s biggest drug dealers time and time again".[5] Omar was named as one of the first season's richest characters, not unlike the Robin Hood of Baltimore's west side projects, although his contradictory nature was questioned as a little too strange.[11] The Baltimore City Paper named the character one of their top ten reasons not to cancel the show and called him "arguably the show’s single greatest achievement."

16 comments:

Blue Eyes said...

You do know that Omar is somewhat "unavailable", don't you ;-)

Philipa said...

Don't fancy yours much, i'm afraid.

lilith said...

Blue Eyes, he brings out the Fag Hag in me...

Pip, Omar Little is very cool, carries a shotgun, and gay, so that's just fine, probably just as well.

Elby The Beserk (B.A. Oxon, Eng. Lit. and Lang) said...

Were I that way inclined, should we say, I would have the hots for Omar. Have to say that his role in The Wire seemed to me of Shakespearean proportions, and that Billy The Bard would have been well chuffed to roll out such a character.

A man's gotta have a code.

Genius.

I have the Drizabone. Next the shotgun.

idle said...

A somewhat unlikely gay character. Does he play Daddy or Mummy?

I missed The Wire. Should I play catch up, like I did with the Sopranos?

lilith said...

Yes Idle, do. Nothing beats the Sopranos but the Wire has a lot about it. We did the box set over a few months and loved it.

Philipa said...

Nah. Can't see the attraction. But then I've always found that girlfriends having different tastes in men is a good thing.

Pippy Gorgeouspants, MSc. B.Eng.

Blue Eyes said...

He is fucking brilliant in the Wire. Sorry for swearing but he is. The Wire is the best thing ever. Official.

Elby the Beserk said...

Idle, Blue Eyes

A toss up for me between The Sopranos & The Wire; the Sopranos is perhaps a little more comic strip (and that is not a criticism). Either way, bit are quite superb and piss on a great height from any similar drama produced in the UK (e.g. they assume intelligence on the part of the viewer, a position long abandoned by the BBC, and never even taken up by ITV).

The white lead in The Wire is an Old Etonian, by the way!

call me ishmael said...

Yo Lilith

Thought you threw the telly out. More betrayal.

I gave up on the Wire after about eight episodes, found it too compelling and then I Googled it and found that there was never gonna be any kinda happy ending so I thought Fuck That, I don't watch TV to see reality. The nerve of some people, who do they think they are?

There are, I understand, internet sites which cater for people interested in black men with very large shotguns.

Blue Eyes said...

Yep, McNulty was in Dave's year...

lilith said...

Mr Ishmael, you see betrayal everywhere, even where there is no telly, simply a large computer screen with a sofa nearby...I am sorry you didn't hang on in there for the series as it gets better, although not happier. And Omar is a dude. And it is the Drizabone that gives me the hots, not the blackness or the shotgun....;-)

lilith said...

Pip, it is more relaxing that way, don't you think?

You know what I mean, don't you Blue Eyes :-)

Philipa said...

Can't really rmember that far back, Lils to be honest.

Blue Eyes said...

Everybody fancies me equally i.e. not at all, so no, I don't know what you mean.

Kensington and Chelsea said...

Is this show on in the UK?